Publications Organizing Team
The publications organizing team is responsible for and carries out the by IAARC internalized and stable, quality ensuring paper submission, peer-review, and proceedings/paper publication process for the yearly ISARC conferences.
- Chen Feng (Chair), New York University
- Thomas Linner (Vice-Chair), Technische Universität München
The ISARC technical committee consists of the Chair, the Vice-Chair, the Area Chairs, and the reviewers. Their roles, responsibilities, and rights are described below.
- The Chair, with the assistance of the Vice-Chair, is responsible for overseeing the whole ISARC paper review and awards selection process to ensure high-quality reviews
- The Vice-Chair is responsible for collecting and verifying camera-ready papers, the compilation of paper proceedings, and the video proceedings (including the presentation videos) online
- The Vice-Chair is also responsible for indexing all the accepted papers
- The Vice-Chair should also assist the Chair in the above paper review and awards selection process
Appointment of the Chair and Vice-Chair
- The Vice-Chair will automatically become the next year’s ISARC Technical Committee Chair
- The Vice-Chair for the next year’s ISARC Technical Committee should be nominated by the current Chair and Vice-Chair together
- The Chair and the Vice-Chair must be an IAARC BOD member
- Area Chairs are responsible for finding at least 2 high-quality paper reviews for each assigned paper submission in the area, and finally, recommend acceptance/rejection of the paper submission
- Area Chairs will be assigned to technical areas
- In principle, Area Chairs are expected to be IAARC BOD members; any additional ACs will be recruited outside of BOD
- If a submission has a conflict of interests with an Area Chair, it will be handled by the Chair and the Vice-Chair
- Reviewers are invited by area chairs after papers are assigned to Area Chairs by the authors’ selected area
- The authors’ selected area of any submission might be changed by the Chair & the Vice-Chair
- Reviewers should not be Area Chairs
- Reviewers need to carefully review the paper and fill in the Review Form.
- Best reviewers will be selected by all the chairs
- ISARC will incentivize high-quality reviews by recognizing the selected best reviewers, using official email/PDF certificates, and conference registration discounts
- Each Area Chair could nominate up to X number of best reviewers after receiving all the reviews; the number X is determined by the Chair and the Vice-Chair each year; the final best reviewers will be approved by the Chair and the Vice-Chair jointly