The International Association for Automation and Robotics in Construction (IAARC)
- is the premier global organization dedicated to the advancement of Automation and Robotics in Construction.
- represents fields of construction including civil and building engineering, machine automation, robotics applications to construction, information technologies, planning, logistics, and more.
- is a non-profit-making organization and its membership is not just restricted to end-users, manufacturers and researchers, but welcomes participation from other industrial sectors and from government organizations.
The objectives of IAARC are:
- to encourage, facilitate and promote the coordination of scientific and technical development in Automation and Robotics in Construction (ARC).
- to facilitate the collection, compilation, publication, exchange and dissemination of scientific ARC data and information.
- to encourage the execution of fundamental ARC studies, to advance research, laboratory investigations and field tests and to accelerate the use of ARC.
- to assist the end-user application of Automation and Robotics in the construction industry.
The IAARC objectives are achieved by:
- coordination of the annual International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC).
- participation in the yearly ISARC.
- presenting state-of-the-art papers on regional developments at ISARC.
- active membership in IAARC committees.
- local IAARC chapter.
- IAARC workshops.
- publication of a newsletter.
- maintaining a website.
- contributions to Elsevier’s Journal of Automation in Construction.
- association with leading organizations such as ASCE, CIB, and more.
- participation of IAARC directors in their host national advisory boards and advising policy-makers on how to take advantage of emerging ARC technologies.